Before the Surgery
- At least 3 days before the surgery, it is recommended to stop drinking alcohol.
- At least one week before the surgery, using blood thinning drugs such as Aspirin should be stopped. Paracetamol (Parol, Minoset etc.) should be preffered as pain killer.
- Since herbal teas have blood thinning effects, it is recommended to stop drinking them at least one week before surgery. You can continue drinking black tea and coffee.
- It is recommended not to smoke for one week before the surgery and two weeks after the surgery in order to make the healing process faster.
- Eating and drinking including water must be completely stopped 8 hours before the surgery.
- Skin care is recommended for the patients especially with the oily skin before the surgery.